Why is the membrane switch panel designed with a raised button, and what are the advantages?
The raised button is formed by pressing up the key body area on the mask layer with a drum press. With strict temperature and pressure requirements, this method is according to the natural characteristics and convex-concave characteristics of membrane switch materials.
The basic form is as follows:
(1) Raised frame line. It is used when the edge of the switch is raised.
(2) Plane convex. It is used when the entire switch is higher than the surface of the panel.
(3) Ball convex. It is used to process spherical buttons.
(4) Frame line protrusion and ball protrusion. It is not commonly used.
The advantages of membrane switch panel designed as raised keys:
(1) It enhances the decorative effect of the membrane switch.
(2) It makes the operator's touch more sensitive.
(3) It precisely specify the range of the key body.
(4) It improves the recognition speed.
Factors that need to be considered when designing a membrane switch panel into a raised button:
(1) It needs be processed with a dedicated mold machine .
(2) The limit temperature of the raised polyester is 50°C.
(3) The height of the protrusion should not exceed 1.5 times the thickness of the material.
(4) The plane protrusion should be at least 3mm or 5mm from the edge.
(5) The distance between the raised button of the frame and the edge is at least 5mm.
(6) Excessive force will reduce the mechanical life ( for the polycarbonate mask, its mechanical life should be able to be operated no less than 100,000 times).